<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 2

Hey stupid, take me off your list 

Here's an email I sent to someone who truly doesn't understand email marketing. All I get from this person is emails announcing new partners, press releases, and other nonsense that is of no interest to anyone outside their 5-person organization. So I opened up on the poor sap:

===
Dear Shlomo:

I have yet to receive a single piece of value from being on your mailing list. Think about it: do I really give a crap about your partner announcements, press releases, and other self-centered trivia you send out?

If you want your mailing list to generate business, and not annoyed emails like this one from people who are in a position to refer you, then start loading up your email (and every other piece of outbound communication) with VALUE. Let me spell it out for you: VALUE is about *ME*, it's not about YOU.

Send me checklists, tip sheets, Top 10 things to look for in this or that, white papers and reports (no jargon, just plain English info that I can use immediately). Help me, guide me, advise me, show me how smart you are.

Until then, please remove me from your mailing list.

Thanks,
David Newman

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?